I practice talking sometimes.

It's a little funny that way: I've worked over the air before, but I have such little confidence in my voice. I stutter. My lips or teeth or jaw have always felt awkward, and I'd even seen a speech therapist when I was young. The braces didn't help, and the full implications of "JAW SURGERY" hit me all at once about a month before it was supposed to happen. I'm also first-generation Canadian, and my parents have never been great with English. I don't know if that's why I took to music and drawing and literature and Math so eagerly.

I've always had a thing for expression, for communication. Anyone who knows me will also know I have a crush on Math for that very reason--among others.

I love that, in Math, any aspect of life or any thought can be modeled using these strange symbols and even stranger rules, both of which can be taught to anyone; ideas can be communicated, proven, or disproven, and even improved upon by any number of people also seeking to find the most perfect expressions.

It's a whole community devoted to perfect universal truths.

... Hehe!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Boobfest IV

Boobfest IV is up on my deviantArt now.

I'm not terribly happy with this one, but I needed to draw again. The colours are off, the skin didn't turn out as I'd wanted, the background is unintelligible and it's generally sloppy and less detailed.

A few things I did differently this time:

  • No reference picture used for the pose
  • The figure is not based on my appearance
  • This one has a background
  • This one has long hair (not me)
  • The body fades out instead of being cut off...

I keep the most recent Boobfest pieces together on my wall. I think IV looks much better when placed with the rest, than by itself.

I kind of want to put up a large sign that says, "WALL OF BOOBS" above them, but if I just fill the wall with boobs, that would be just as obvious.

And, speaking of boobs...


And, speaking of gratuitous...

I watched 300 with Kevin and Mark on Friday.

What is up with that movie?!

If you just watch the end credits, you've seen every fight scene. And if those 300 Spartans are all professional soldiers, why does their drill suck so bad?! And what kind of soldier THROWS his spear so early in ANY battle; and how fierce of a battle could it possibly be if you can actually RECLAIM the spear before it's over?!

Granted, Mark and I came in part-way through the movie, so if there was anything else to the storyline, we missed it.

The entire time, to the annoyance of everyone else, Mark and I were making snarky comments. Like, when Xerxes and Leonidas chat, and afterward Leonidas comes back to his men and is asked how the meeting went, Kevin said, "Oh, y'know, we talked, had coffee--" and I said, "--He put his hands on me and asked me to kneel..."

And--seriously, what is up with Gorgo? "It makes me more of a woman to crave your kingship! The only way for a woman to have power is to have sex with powerful men! I can manage to steal Theron's sword--in public--and run him through with it--in public! Because I'm a woman! Nobody will stop me!"

Before a battle, I'd say, "THE PERSIANS ARE COMING, THE PERSIANS ARE COMING!!" or "Don't you just love how this movie came out in, what, 2006?"

Well, it was fun, at least. And some of the fight choreography wasn't too bad, just... repetitive.


Then we brought out the game Catchphrase, where you try to get someone to say a word/phrase. It's like Taboo (without taboo words), and hot potato, because you don't want to get stuck with the word-wheel-thing when the timer goes. Great fun, especially when drunk!

Last time we played, we'd gotten into the booze. Eventually, Kevin started guessing every other word was Penis.

It was Mark's turn, and he said, "Kay, it's like, methane, and octopus," and Kevin shouted, "METHAPUS! ... PENIS!"

For the word "chopsticks", Mark said, "All Asians use them," and Kevin said, "GLASSES!"

And it was great fun.

--Charissa
Posted by Picasa

No comments: