I practice talking sometimes.

It's a little funny that way: I've worked over the air before, but I have such little confidence in my voice. I stutter. My lips or teeth or jaw have always felt awkward, and I'd even seen a speech therapist when I was young. The braces didn't help, and the full implications of "JAW SURGERY" hit me all at once about a month before it was supposed to happen. I'm also first-generation Canadian, and my parents have never been great with English. I don't know if that's why I took to music and drawing and literature and Math so eagerly.

I've always had a thing for expression, for communication. Anyone who knows me will also know I have a crush on Math for that very reason--among others.

I love that, in Math, any aspect of life or any thought can be modeled using these strange symbols and even stranger rules, both of which can be taught to anyone; ideas can be communicated, proven, or disproven, and even improved upon by any number of people also seeking to find the most perfect expressions.

It's a whole community devoted to perfect universal truths.

... Hehe!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More Stuff

Observations!

Okay, I'm going to write up a description of someone, and then I'm going to ask whether or not it's crazy he's single.

  • Graduated Engineer
  • Swing dancer
  • Physically fit / works out
  • Good at Math
  • Has people-skills
  • Good humoured, especially about stress
  • Good at being in charge of stuff
  • Has a nice, healthy, sane worldview
  • Balanced, or at least, good at juggling things
  • Not afraid to express himself
Kay, am I the only person who thinks it's crazy he's single?! I mean, if he were younger (or I were older and ready to settle down) and maybe if I liked guys more, and if he weren't one of my bosses, sort-of, I'd ask him out. Really, I would. He's a good guy--a good man.

One of my friends is in his Swing Dance class at the university, and he teaches. She says he seems shy, and he's one of the best dancers she's ever seen.

It's so strange, he's so faceted.

I really only see him on Saturdays when he's being a Principal and managing people and dealing with work-issues; or after dismissal when we chat briefly and he gives me tips on working out or "cheating" on a grip test.

And then I hear he's supposedly shy and a magnificent dancer.

I'm going with my friend tomorrow. I guess I'll see for myself.


Dancing

I've always wanted to either dance or do martial arts. I've always just kinda felt physically inept, like I can't do anything with this body. Ha-ha, yes, and I'm in the Army, hilarious.

Jeffrey Buttle I love watching figure-skaters, especially when I was a kid. It seemed that the CBC always had some figure skating competition to cover every other weekend, and I'd watch these beautiful people perform fantastic movements on the ice.

More specifically, Jeffrey Buttle is fantastic! I love his energy, and the fact he uses his face, too. He does beautiful things with his body that I barely knew were possible! Also, he has an exquisite body!

I just feel that I should be doing more with my body; not just my mind. That's one of the reasons I joined the Army; because I want to do now what I won't be able to do when I'm older. Both my brothers are/were into Martial Arts and Lion Dancing.
Aside: My Brothers

I'm a little upset my brothers didn't raise me to be a geek or an athlete. Then again, I'm younger than them by nine or eleven years, so of course I couldn't hang out with them.

My eldest currently lives in Germany, and is currently working on his MBA. He picked up German pretty quickly, and then decided he wanted to learn Mandarin, so he took Mandarin classes--in German. Right now, he's visiting in China and Taiwan.

My second-eldest lives a few neighbourhoods over and is working for a company that got bought-out by Microsoft. It's kind-of funny, because he's all pro-FreeBSD, pro-Mac and used to be pro-Linux. I'm gold-farming for him in World of Warcraft.
Sleepy time.

--Charissa

No comments: