I practice talking sometimes.

It's a little funny that way: I've worked over the air before, but I have such little confidence in my voice. I stutter. My lips or teeth or jaw have always felt awkward, and I'd even seen a speech therapist when I was young. The braces didn't help, and the full implications of "JAW SURGERY" hit me all at once about a month before it was supposed to happen. I'm also first-generation Canadian, and my parents have never been great with English. I don't know if that's why I took to music and drawing and literature and Math so eagerly.

I've always had a thing for expression, for communication. Anyone who knows me will also know I have a crush on Math for that very reason--among others.

I love that, in Math, any aspect of life or any thought can be modeled using these strange symbols and even stranger rules, both of which can be taught to anyone; ideas can be communicated, proven, or disproven, and even improved upon by any number of people also seeking to find the most perfect expressions.

It's a whole community devoted to perfect universal truths.

... Hehe!

Friday, February 22, 2008

"Protection"!

Kay, so one of my buds started talking about 300 again.

E--- (1:01 AM):
it's a guy movie
yay!
Me (1:01 AM):
haha, aye
E--- (1:01 AM):
We all want to be warriors
in some way :P
Me (1:01 AM):
Really? Explain!
E--- (1:02 AM):
lol
are you serious
Me (1:02 AM):
Well, in what way do guys want to be "warriors"?
E--- (1:03 AM):
we have a natural drive to become physically fit and protect our women :P
thats as basic as I can make it
Me (1:03 AM):
;P Are you saying I'm incapable of understanding something that isn't basic?
E--- (1:03 AM):
no
im saying im lazy
Me (1:03 AM):
:P Just foolin'
Why do guys want to "protect" women?
From what do we need protection?
E--- (1:04 AM):
in this day, nothing
we feel that protecting you is a way of showing we love :P
E--- (1:05 AM):
it's a natural thing, or even just doing silly stuff like opening the pickle jar haha
Me (1:05 AM):
Hmmm, okay
E--- (1:06 AM):
im not in a relationship right now so I don't really want to protect anyone
from the invisible monsters
I don't know how to explain it :\
a natural urge to take charge ?
I don't know about women but men like to work out because they get a feeling of invincibility
as well as extreme satisfaction
:P
I wonder, what do women "need" to be protected from?

Seriously, the first thing that came to my market-researcher-mind was "Protect against leaks and odours!"

I want to make a movie called "The Cycle of Bloodshed" and have it totally be about menstruation. Seriously. Here's a teaser:


You can also view it here.

[post abandoned]

--Charissa

No comments: