I practice talking sometimes.

It's a little funny that way: I've worked over the air before, but I have such little confidence in my voice. I stutter. My lips or teeth or jaw have always felt awkward, and I'd even seen a speech therapist when I was young. The braces didn't help, and the full implications of "JAW SURGERY" hit me all at once about a month before it was supposed to happen. I'm also first-generation Canadian, and my parents have never been great with English. I don't know if that's why I took to music and drawing and literature and Math so eagerly.

I've always had a thing for expression, for communication. Anyone who knows me will also know I have a crush on Math for that very reason--among others.

I love that, in Math, any aspect of life or any thought can be modeled using these strange symbols and even stranger rules, both of which can be taught to anyone; ideas can be communicated, proven, or disproven, and even improved upon by any number of people also seeking to find the most perfect expressions.

It's a whole community devoted to perfect universal truths.

... Hehe!

Friday, March 28, 2008

(abandoned) Gym and Kevin

I ran into Kevin at the library on Wednesday. I spotted him from the elevator (man do I love those things). He'd been studying at one of the tables; just began picking up his bags and headed upstairs when I intercepted him.

Turns out, he had his first big project due that day; a few more due in the next days, too. He said he'd been up since 18:00 the last night (it was about 19:00 when I saw him). Invited him for coffee; he declined, saying he'd better sleep.

I had picked up two more Redwall books (Pearls of Lutra; Rakkety Tam) and two Ursula K. le Guin books (Tales of Earthsea, or something; and something else). I must've looked stupid next to him and his research materials. "I remember reading Earthsea," he said, "back in the day." Dang.

Walked him to his bus; came immediately. Vaguely expressed to get together.

And that was about it!


Off to the gym again.

Gym record

Wednesday, 26 March

Treadmill: 30 minutes
5.3 mph, with many breaks down to 3.4 or even 2.0.

Push-ups: 5x10
Deltoids: 4x10 with 5lbs; 1x10 with 8lbs
Biceps: 5x10 with 5lbs; 2x10 with 8lbs

Stretches:
glut
quads - lunge
calves
hamstrings
other hamstring stretch
deltoids
biceps
triceps
back (sort of)


[post abandoned]

No comments: